Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fair is Fair

Many people seem more likely to bitch than to compliment. I learned that lesson years ago in the restaurant business. As both a waiter and a manager I received many more complaints than I did praise. As a result I have since then tried really hard to say nice things about people or organizations when I can. They don't hear it enough.

(And how much is enough? No such thing. We never tire of hearing kind words).

So it is that I write to say that amazon has redeemed itself -- mostly -- in my eyes. After writing here about the lack of service provided by my Prime status, I sent amazon the same message via email. And they did the right thing: they credited the entire cost of the recent disc that took a week to get to me.

That was fair, perhaps more than fair. I feel much better about amazon, and I owe it to them to post that message here.

Whether I will renew my Prime membership is yet to be decided because clearly they are not so good at keeping their two-day delivery promise. (Just Google the issue and you'll find lots of other complaints.)

But they tried to make me happy, and that matters. They admitted they failed and they apologized. These days that is so rare as to be precious. Word!

Good on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment