Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Rockin’ and rollin’

The sea as it looked from our balcony 31 Oct 2011

Like Joan Jett, I love rock and roll. Whether we’re talking 50s and 60s classics by Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochran, the Beatles and the Stones; or later kick-ass work by the Allman Brothers, Dire Straits or Talking Heads, to name very few. I also love all the stuff we listened to on the radio that wasn’t exactly rock: Motown and soul in particular.

But right now I’m rocking and rolling and not really enjoying it. We’re heading to Bayonne and are at the tail end of a storm – not the one that surprised the Northeast over the weekend, but another, smaller front. This one has us pitching and rolling to beat the band.

Funny thing is, I’ve always said “I love storms at sea; bring it!”

As I’ve gotten older my body has apparently lost some of its ability to weather the weather. This is difficult.
The same sea, from the dining room, deck 3

No comments:

Post a Comment