Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Practice makes . . . questions?

The good news is that I am still a biped and there's no indication that will change soon. After lab work on the blood removed from my knee, and the blood removed from my arm, and after a bone scan, the surgeon had . . . no answers.

So he did what all good American doctors do: he gave me more drugs. More pain killers and an anti-inflammatory agent.

This is all good news of course; I'm rather fond of my right leg and will be happy to keep it. But it's also frustrating. What the hell's going on? It's been over five months and my knee is worse than it was before surgery. (The new drugs have made me more comfortable, I am glad to report. Still, I want to be done with this!)

My advice to any of you considering knee replacement: consider VERY carefully and be sure you understand the scope of what you are about to undertake. There's a reason we refer to it as "practicing medicine".

No comments:

Post a Comment