Thursday, May 5, 2011

Please help make it better


I’ve talked about Dan Savage before; he’s one of my heroes, perhaps my number one hero. http://asacynicseesit.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-hero.html
I’ve also talked about the Trevor Project (http://asacynicseesit.blogspot.com/2010/12/putting-my-money-where-my-rant-is.html) and the It Gets Better Project.

Tuesday night during the broadcast of Glee, Fox ran a commercial for Chrome, Google’s internet browser. The focus of the commercial was the It Gets Better Project, showing what one person with an idea can do. The tag line is “the web is what you make of it.”

Kudos to Google, kudos to Fox Broadcasting and kudos, once again, to Dan Savage.

Please, please, please: if you haven’t visited the IGBProject, and the Trevor Project, do so right now. If you know a kid at risk, make sure he or she has access to the sites. If you know a homophobe, speak up. If you have children, talk to them about tolerance.

Children are dying. We can stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment