Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Another shock to the system

It was on the train home from Don's memorial service that I got the news: Glenn Frey had died. My puny voice can add nothing original to the tributes from his millions of fans around the world. We are today sad, we are today playing our beloved Eagles nonstop, we are today facing the awful truth of life: it is far too short for far too many of us.

RIP, Glenn, and thank you for the greatest line in all of rock and roll:

Standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona,
Such a fine sight to see.
It's a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford,
Slowing down to take a look at me.



2 comments:

  1. Desperado is still my favorite story album, followed by Red-Headed Stranger and then Tommy. We are losing good ones left and right, aren't we.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete