Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The message is clear

Ever since returning from our May cruise I have been trying to eat sensibly. I start my day with either a bowl of cold cereal and almond milk or a breakfast sandwich: one egg, two small sausage links and fat-free cheese on an English muffin. Lunch almost everyday is the same: a container of yogurt with an apple, an orange and a banana mixed in. At dinner I eat a smaller amount than usual. I have in fact lost a few pounds.

Today the drill was the same except that at lunch time when I diced my perfectly fine-looking, blemish-free apple, this is what I got:

I don't know about you, but I think the message is clarionly clear: eat a cheeseburger!

But I'm an ex-catholic who would feel too much guilt to do that and, anyway, I don't believe in messages from above, so I ate the yogurt, the orange and the banana.

And I'm hungry, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment