Sunday, October 23, 2011

Salmon at Sea


Most mornings, on most ships, I have smoked salmon with its accompanying capers and red onions. I love this dish but for some reason only have it onboard. With a croissant and some fresh fruit, it makes a lovely meal.

This morning was no exception. We just came back from breakfast and the cafĂ©, with its myriad food stations, was excellent, as on the Celebrity Solstice. One of the reasons we sail this line is the quality of the food. After two meals on board, it’s clear that that quality is still being maintained.

We’re docked at Cagliari, Sardinia. The old town is visible from our balcony; shortly we’ll go ashore to explore a bit. It’ll be hard though to leave our cabin, one of the nicest we’ve ever had. (See picture).
Damn, but I wish we could sail more often than we do!

Addendum: we’re back on board after two hours of walking around, having a gelato and doing a bit of shopping. Tried to find the cathedral but couldn’t; popped into a couple smaller churches instead.

Impressions: Cagliari is more sophisticated than I expected. Of course we only saw a bit of the “downtown” area. I would have been willing to explore more, but my knee and ankle were screaming for me to stop. So I did. A place to revisit? Probably not, but only because there are too many places already on that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment