Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Down from Olympus

Well, down from Waterbury, Connecticut, actually. Zeus, the beautiful two-year old husky here pictured, has joined the family. We found him through the Siberian Husky Club & Rescue of Southern New England. He was living in Waterbury with some folks who could no longer keep him. Though he hasn't been to the vet yet, he seems happy and healthy. He is certainly a ball of energy and is in need of training – to say nothing of a surgeon's scalpel. (Getting him neutered is part of the contract.)

So far Tasha is doing her usual stay-out-of-my-face, we-are-the-queen act and Cassie is looking forward to the post-op Zeus: more of a friend and less of a suitor.

So the pack is back to full strength. Many years ago when our first dog, Brendan, passed away we thought of keeping just two. After a few months though, it didn't “feel” right. We had been a pack of five for over ten years. So we got another dog and have kept three ever since. It’s good to be back where we belong.

ps: a historical note. I’m writing this on January 10, 2011, the anniversary of the day I met Sandy Adams, my first boyfriend, as well as the day Malette lost his beautiful son Ian and Ray and I lost our Dad. I’m missing them all today.

1 comment:

  1. Walter - Don directed me to your blog to view Zeus. Fine looking animal, and I'm sure he loves the cold and snow. Very impractical for Florida, where I'm on Beagle #6, Ripley. Good luck with him.

    ReplyDelete