Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-ch Changes

A new House of Representatives has been sworn in and the Republicans are back in charge. A change. Maybe.

From where I sit the country seems to be more conservative than ever I have known it. Another change. Pretty likely.

And yet, acceptance of gay people is undoubtedly on the rise. That’s a change, and a great one.

Life is all about change. Change or die is, in terms of evolution at least, carved in stone. With people, change is avoidable. Some make a lifestyle of avoiding change. They may get older but they don’t grow.

Here are some changes in my life, some big, some not so:
  • we are searching for another dog. We’re meeting today with a woman who runs the local Husky Rescue Center, in hopes of finding an adoptable male. Lucky has been gone over there months now; it’s time.
  • I’m getting a new knee later this month. I know the recovery will be painful and six weeks long, but I am convinced it will be worth it.
  • Cablevision fixed their problem. We now have all the channels we pay for. It took from September 22 until January 5, so one thing that has not changed: they are still the worst company in America!
  • Ransom and I mark 25 years together in three months. He has a big birthday coming up this year so we’re celebrating both events with a transatlantic crossing from Rome to New York in October.
  • before that, I’m taking my first-ever organized tour; I fly to Istanbul on May 14. Ever since seeing a video with images of Hagia Sophia (below) at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in the early 70s I have wanted to go.

One thing that has NOT changed: I’m still a rock ‘n’ roller. Give a listen to a real classic: click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment