Sunday, July 18, 2021

Ch-ch-changes, says David Bowie

It's been over two years since I've posted to this blog. Because I had nothing left to say? No, probably not; if you know me you know I have an opinion on just about everything. Because I was too depressed by the state of America two years ago? Yeah, that's a good bet, but in my little corner of the country things were actually going well. Because the pandemic scared the crap out of me and I didn't want to verbalize those fears? Yeah, that's true too.

But it's not really the main reason.

I think I just got tired, and lazy. And being an ex-Catholic I feel guilt very easily; when I didn't publish it bothered me. Then, like many of us, once I break a good habit, it's hard to get started again — I'm looking at you running shoes and exercise bikes.

So I was lazy and I got out of the habit and kept my mouth shut (or, my fingers still).

My brother suggested the other night that I find a way to keep my friends and family apprised of the momentous changes coming; he said the blog would work, or I could just start daily emails. I'm going to try the blog.

And what is this big change? Most of you already know: Ransom and I are leaving our CT house, pictured here, and moving to California, specifically, to Palm Springs. I will update this blog throughout the process; the schedule is July 27 the movers arrive to pack what I haven't; the next day they load the truck; on the 29th we have a cleaning crew to make the house as acceptable as possible. Closing is on the 30th and then we head west on the second of August. We're taking two of Ransom's students with us to share the drive — and, in case you're wondering, it's their schedule that's keeping us from leaving right after the closing.

We plan on taking a week to get there, with no hugely long drives along the way. But we will be on a schedule, having already booked all the hotels we need, due to having the dogs with us.

So that's the summary. Next time: what's happened so far, what's left to do, who are the buyers and the big question: will I survive this most-stressful-event EVER?!


1 comment:

  1. Walt, I am so very happy for you. It's a daring move and I hope it lives up to (and beyond) all of your hopes and expectations.

    ReplyDelete